Filling your cup first means taking time out to focus on you... only then can you continue to give to those around you.
When was the last time you took a moment to be selfish (in a good way) and invest in you?
Are you rushing to get everything done before Christmas? It certainly is a hectic time and it's tempting to put off some fundamental steps.
Here are a few tips to prepare for your Christmas break and ensure your business hits the ground running in 2018 .
- Notify your clients and suppliers of Christmas trading hours - if you are "closing up shop" or have a cut off deadline for Christmas orders, it is important that your clients are aware.
- Manage your cash flow - guarantee you don't start 2018 off in the red. Have all invoices out and paid beforehand to ensure you get through to the New Year.
- Process your payroll - make sure you and your staff can enjoy an uninterrupted holiday. Plan ahead and automate where you can.
- Clear your desk and empty your inbox - tie up any loose ends and wrap up any minor projects so you can head off on to your break satisfied and relaxed.
- Celebrate 2017 and set new goals for 2018 - take some time to establish some new challenges and areas for growth in 2018.
Feeling peckish? Try this Walsh family favourite which is a hit with kids both big and small.
Cranberry and white chocolate cookies
2/3 cup of butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups traditional oats
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chips / chunks
Preheat oven to 190 C. Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks. Drop rounded teaspoons onto a lined baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
You can keep up to date with important accounting and business dates and deadlines. More...
The Tax Facts section where you can learn more about tax requirements within Australia. More...
Try out our new online calculators. More...
Like us on Facebook
Make sure you like our Walsh Accounting Facebook page to hear from us on a more regular basis - where we will share a mix of both fun and informative posts.
Lionel and Tony will be regularly blogging about issues, important and otherwise. Check out Tony's recent blog on the importance of tax planning.
Please subscribe to our Blogs so you can get them emailed direct to your inbox.
Should you not wish to receive our regular newsletters please unsubscribe below. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact us at any time. We look forward to hearing from you.